Saturday, April 23, 2011

Stole of gratitude




Yesterday (April 22, 2011) was mine and my wife, Katie's, graduation from BYU.  One of the things that people wear at graduation day is called a stole of gratitude.  This is an optional thing that graduates wear to give to someone of their choice to thank them for support, service, love, financial support etc.  I wanted to give mine to Dane to thank him for what a great nephew he has been to me, what a great cousin and example he is to my kids, and to honor him as he is going through this battle.
As we have been celebrating the last couple of days, we have kept Daner close in our hearts and have been continually reminded of his sweet spirit and character.  My mom has told us of the conversations they have had recently.  Dane has been asking Nana what an engineer does, and why would someone pay for more school etc.  Daner - I can't wait to get out there next week and I will answer all those questions for ya buddy.
I had the message Live STRONG, Be STRONG, Fight STRONG for Daner embroidered on my stole for you.  There were many people that asked what that was for, and I told them what a strong kid you are and the battle you are going through.  They all wished you the best and were touched by your strength and character through all of this.  I want you to know, Daner, that I too draw so much strength from you!  Thank you for being the best little nephew, and cousin, and example and for being 'Daner' through it all.  I love you so much bud!

Love,
Kasey

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kasey, that was so touching and sweet and special. Thank you for recogonizing Daner and giving him your love and support. We love you!
    I hope he wakes soon so I can show him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on graduation...BYU is also where Dick and I graduated from... Thank you for the very sweet comments to Daner...He will be excited to see you guys..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Katie are amazing! Way to go and what a great way to Honor Daner and his family. You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete