Friday, April 22, 2011

Hopefully Dane's last trip to propafal clinic this round



Friday, April 22
Today was a much slower paced day for Dane.  He spent the morning with his dad.  They met with his hospital teacher who will work with him on his school work.  I am hoping she will be diligent in enforcing his school work because his dad and I have to be the cheerleaders in so many other areas.  The doctors came and told Dad that Daner had an infection, which was causing his loose bowls, but because of it, they would start him on yet another antibiotic and he will be on isolation for 7-10 days. This means he won't be able to leave the room except for his surgical procedures.  We were uneasy about how this might affect his phsyche, but know with the help of his parents, family and friends we can do a little entertaining.  When I arrived he was getting ready to go down for hopefully his last lumbar puncture this round of chemo.  He was unable to eat and drink all morning because of his surgery and  he saw a commercial for donuts and really wanted some, so on my way to the hospital I stopped and bought him some krispy kreme for after his surgery.  Dad and I walked him down feeling really uneasy about his lp this time.  The nurses were scattering around gathering things they had forgotten and questioning what I had told them he was scheduled for and it left us not feeling so sure about things.  An hour or so later we came back to recovery and he did really well but was still totally out.  He woke, barely, so tired that the nurse in the clinic wheeled him down in his surgical bed.  Dad moved him from that bed to his room bed and he layed still for hours really struggling to get his energy back.  After many hours passed he finally felt up to his donuts and ever so slowly ate them.  His nurses were quite proud of his accomplishment.  He felt so tired and was frustrated that he couldn't sleep, so at eight I told him to listen to his body and get some rest.  His tummy was unsettled and not feeling to great so the nurse gave him some benedryl and off to sleep he went.  I can't help to stare at his sweet little body and worry about his temperature.  He pleaded to feel better and requested not to get so hot and sweaty from his fever and I only wish I could grant such simple requests.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring a more peaceful day for him.

2 comments:

  1. Part of me feels like I wish I could do more than jusgt pray for Daner, but another part of me knows that that is the best thing I could do. It breaks my heart and humbles me to hear of Daners (and the whole familys) struggles. I know the Lord is aware, though. I know Daner is special and loved. And I know everything will be ok. I pray you all feel the peace that only the Gospel can bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daner!!

    You don't know me, but I wanted you to know that my family and I are praying for you. We also live here in Parker, Co. You are a very strong little boy and it sure looks like you have a LOT of people pulling and praying for you. Never Ever Give Up Daner...

    Karen Giglio and Family

    ReplyDelete